Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SPECTRAN V6 GNSS option without RF Drive Test RTSA module.

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Hello AdminTC,

Crawling Aaronia's Spectran V6 forum I came across the following description of the GPS RTSA module:
"The GPS block offers the possibility to read the GPS data from a GPS device (e.g. coming from COM1-COM4, AARONIA GPS-Logger, winrt, serialnmea) or to set the GPS position (incl. azimuth and declination) manualy and to feed it into the system. In Addition the GPS block offers a powerfull MAP (2D, 3D, Topo and Topo with buildings) incl. marker support."
So the RTSA GPS option does provide a map, something we wouldn't have access in case of acquiring the Spectran V6 GPS option, am I correct?
Is the provided map in RTSA GPS option able to display the recorded trajectory or only isolated positions?
Is the map used for manual position input or for displaying positions?
Does it work in real time (provided there is an Internet connection)?
Can this two GPS options (hardware and software) be combined to obtain best of both worlds? (by the description it looks that it wouldn't make sense but I just want to be sure)

Best regards

Isaac

The GPS Receiver block requires a separate GPS receiver (or entering coordinates manually), it does not support reading data from the Spectran V6. And its map simply shows the current position of the selected GPS receiver (and manually placed markers), it doesn't track movement.

Hello mm_dev,

Thanks for the clarifications

[mm_dev]: And its map simply shows the current position of the selected GPS receiver (and manually placed markers), it doesn't track movement.

[Isaac]: So when replaying (post-facto) the GNSS + spectral recordings made by the Spectran V6 within RTSA software what do we get in RTSA GUI? A black box displaying the recorded coordinates for that epoch (no map), much in the same way the GPS option of the SPECTRAN V6 works?

Best regards

Isaac

Quote from isaac_h_e on 19/01/2023, 10:06

[Isaac]: So when replaying (post-facto) the GNSS + spectral recordings made by the Spectran V6 within RTSA software what do we get in RTSA GUI? A black box displaying the recorded coordinates for that epoch (no map), much in the same way the GPS option of the SPECTRAN V6 works?

For the UI it doesn't make a difference wether you use recorded data or live data. The GPS receiver block simply does not have any input connections that could accept data from a recording or V6 device.

To display GPS coordinates from a Spectran V6 on a map you have the following options:

a) Use a block that has a GPS, Spectra or IQ input connection and a map display component. The primary option for that is the RF Drive Test block as that will show you the RF measurement results directly on the map. There are some other blocks that can display the position of the incoming data in one way or the other, but none of them is freely available in the base version of the RTSA, and their visualization is focused on their primary purpose (e.g. drone detection) which does not match your use case.

b) Use the Script block and its map component to create your own block for displaying GNSS coordinates. This however requires quite a bit of programming.

c) Use the HTTP Server block to make the data available for external applications. However this will likely also require some programming as I'm not aware of any 3rd party GIS applications that directly support the RTSA stream format.

Hello mm_dev, AdminTC,

This last response is exactly what I was looking for, while it is not what I wanted to hear it certainly is a great response!

Many thanks to you both.

Best regards

Isaac

PreviousPage 2 of 2