Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Custom made 1pps synchronization for the RSA 250X?

Hi all, I have my own designed Rubidium clock (with 1pps out, as attached picture), can I use the 1pps signal to discipline the internal clock of RSA 250X?

According to the manual, it has the 1pps input port.

Uploaded files:
  • 03.JPG

Yes, it is possible to discipline the internal timebase of the Spectran V6 with an external PPS signal.

A new version of the RTSA Suite will support this shortly.

But please note that the new automatically adjustment and calibratation via the internal GPS/GNSS receiver is much more accurate.

Yes, it is possible to discipline the internal timebase of the Spectran V6 with an external PPS signal.

Does the Spectran V6 discipline the internal timebase from the external PPS signal source via the PPS input which can be used to sync the internal 100MHz, such as from the Rubidium clock or GPS signal?

Yes but it can not sync the time since the PPS offers no time information. All in all use our GPS sync. It is far better then any PPS sync.

Sofon has reacted to this post.
Sofon
Quote from EngJR on 14/01/2022, 14:45

A new version of the RTSA Suite will support this shortly.

But please note that the new automatically adjustment and calibratation via the internal GPS/GNSS receiver is much more accurate.

thanks, I would rather to use the internal GPS, to me, time is not important, I may use the PC's clock the my software, I just want to use the 1pps can sync the internal TCXO (or VCTCXO) to sure the frequency stability can reach 10ppb for the mobile communication decoding. if use the internal GPS, except the GPS option, I also need to pay the GPS discipline option (more than 3K USD), that is quite strange, I believe the internal GPS option already include the discipline option, any way, if like this, I will use my own Rb clock (or GPSDO) to sync the RSA250X.

Quote from testpoint on 13/01/2022, 18:11

According to the manual, it has the 1pps input port.

Do you mens the PPM port is a 1pps input port, which use to discipline the internal timebase of the V6 with an external PPS signal?

yes, although the hardware of V6 already integrate one Ublox GPS module, you still need to puchase the GPS option, OK, this one can be understood, but, you still need to purchase the GPSDO option, and the price is not cheap, so I give up the feature, just use the external 1pps input.