Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Visualization of a live QAM64

Dear spectran guys,

We are currently trying to visualize a QAM64 of a 5G testbed (3.75 GHz center frequency) with the IQ Histogram (or 3D; doesn't matter).

We do see activity on this spectrum (in the spectrum analyzer), but the IQ Histogram output doesn't look like a QAM.

Attached are two screenshots reproducing this in the 800 MHz LTE band, having exactly the same behavior (Similarly, we tested it at 2.4 GHz Wifi, also having no QAM-like result).

The expected output is somehow a "16 mountain landscape".

Is there an example mission solving this problem (as it seems to be very straightforward) or any hint of what to do (e.g. additional signal filtering)?

best and thanks,
Ralf

Uploaded files:
  • blockgraph.png
  • output.png
HB9DTZ has reacted to this post.
HB9DTZ

Dear Aaronia team. I observed the same behaviour here. I have created QAM16 and QAM32 signals with an external vector signal generator. Symbol rate was changed from some ksym/s to 10 Msym/s. On another vector signal analyzer, the constellation diagrams were visible. With RTSA suite, there was only noise in the IQ vector scope. I would highly appreciate to see an example with live signals from V6 analyzer to compare the settings with my (maybe faulty) setup.

kind regards

ralf.kundel has reacted to this post.
ralf.kundel