Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Next-Gen Wifi Site Survey

Note: Feel free to seek patents for anything patentable.

User Story: As an RF Engineer tasked with determining the best placement for Wifi 7 Access Points, I would like to place Wifi 7 emitters within a Client's property and then perform a walk around Wifi Site Survey with a portable Wifi analyzer (handheld, laptop, smartphone, etc) to simultaneously generate triple-band heatmaps for determining the best Wifi 7 Access Point placements on the property as well as antenna selection, polarization, etc.

The biggest challenge is that GPS signals don't work inside of buildings. Due to this problem, I would like to be able to perform automatic facility mapping by initially obtaining multiple GPS fixes outside the building and then rely on inertial navigation enabled by inexpensive MEMS based gyroscopes while inside the building.

Stretch Goals

1. Its fine to initially use actual AP's from selected vendors as emitters. An upsell opp exists in the form of programmable Wifi 7 emitters to enable a profiles that cause the emitter to assume the characteristics of current generation Access Points from available vendors. Sub profiles could be loadable for external Access Point antennas. Maybe consider transmitting a rapid series of Profile Indicators that the spectrum analyzer could decode, i.e. the series might start with setting the emitter at 1DBi, then increase power, then change polarization and transmit again with different power settings. Each transmission would include the Profile Indicator showing power, polarization, emulated AP vendor, and antenna type.
  2. Apply the same concepts for other RF engineering site surveys such as 4G/5G cellular, Lorawan, Zigbee, Zwave, BTE, etc.