Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Use Spectran V6 to capture and view fast pitch

Dear Sir,
my customer wishes to capture and verify a transmitted pitch at known frequency.
He is looking with the Spectran V6 at 20MHz BW span at a known frequency range. The pitch should be inside the Frequency span range at specific frequency, pretty narrow BW.
It is LTE transmission of UE - No hopping.
The customer  wishes to trap/see a very short pitch with higher amplitude vs other signals.
I recommended to record the IQ signal without compression using File Writer.

Using the File Reader to then play the signal slowly and watch the two visually tools:
1. "IQ Power Spectrum" and also increase a lot the persistence time.
2. Use "IQ Oscilloscope", but no persistence parameter available there.

We did not succeed to locate the pitch?

Add signal pitch time domain shape:

Pitch of signal vs time

The pitch is stronger at the amplitude vs other signals, so it should appear for very short time.
If possible, please guide us to find and show this pitch using the Spectran V6 and RSTA SW abilities.
Best regards
Reuven Evron
RDT

Peng has reacted to this post.
Peng

Check out the radar burst measurement. Thats the fastest you can go:

https://v6-forum.aaronia.de/forum/topic/radar-measurement/

https://v6-forum.aaronia.de/forum/topic/how-to-measure-a-radar/

Hi,

I just downloaded the Radar-3350MHz.zip file and changed the profile for LTE 1800 (D) with a frequency center of 1.770GHz and could not see the signal as expected above.

The goal was to catch the signal as quickly as possible.

What's wrong?

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • Snapshoot-status.png

What do you expect to see? With such a small FFT size you dont get much frequency domain resolution if thats the point? In that case simply change/rise the FFT size within the IQ Power Spectrum block.

BTW: you have a 99% CPU load. Use a better PC for this task...

I expect to see a very short pitch with a higher amplitude compared to other signals.

I also changed the FFT to 2048 but without success.

The links you attached above also showed a 100% CPU load but still the images were displayed well as expected.

Thanks.

Uploaded files:
  • Snapshoot-status-FFT-2048.png

But you see those in the white color Time Domain Spectrum view. I dont get the point. You need to adjust the Waterfall and Histogram accordingly so they make sense.

Your CPU load is RED so you for sure are loosing massive numbers of data.