Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

USB Data Errors when using Ubuntu Server

Hi!

I own an Spectran V6 2000X. I was using it normally with an Ubuntu PC (even with both receivers working simultaneously with DATA+BOOST cables connected), I have switched to an Ubuntu server (with the same OS version as the PC, Ubuntu 22.04) and I have installed the RTSA software in the newest server following the same steps as in the PC. However, when I plug my Spectran V6 to the server (to a 3.2 USB port with a 3.X cable as in the previous PC), I am getting USB data errors and the Spectran V6 block enters a warning state after around 1 second. I have checked the usb transfer rates with the usbtop command and to/from the Aaronia ports the rate is close to zero. For this new scenario with the server, I am just using one receiver with the DATA+BOOST cables connected and I am still getting USB data errors. How may I troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advanvce

Did you follow the steps especially for GRUB:

https://v6-forum.aaronia.de/forum/topic/install-or-update-rtsa-suite-pro-on-ubuntu-20-04-22-04-fedora-arch-linux-manjaro-linux/

Yes, I followed all the steps, including the last optional one

Well, it's hard to evaluate a system config remotely - What is the memory speed of your server. Have you benchmark tested and verified the USB port speeds?

Can you please post the output of "sudo dmidecode --type 17", "lspci | grep USB",  "cat /proc/cmdline" and "cat /proc/cpuinfo" please.

Some data about my system (if additional data is required please let me know):

• Memory and speed: 4x32 GB at Speed: 2666 MT/s
  • USB controller: Intel Corporation C620 Series Chipset Family USB 3.0 xHCI Controller
  • CMDline: includes the installation step info (cma=256M usbcore.usbfs_memory_mb=256)
  • CPU frequency: Intel Xeon @ 2.40GHz

The command outputs are quite large and some include serial numbers so I'd rather not share all the outputs on the forum.

Thanks!

Oh boy, Intel Xeon? That unit is so old that I would not expect anything to work at all.

Please use a unit with better processor and DDR5 to get the performance needed.

Yes... 🙁 The CPU model is:

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4314 CPU @ 2.40GHz x32

And the RAM is DDR4...

Thanks for the help!

Thing is: The memory speed of 2666 MT/s -> which is the max speed your CPU supports going to be the bottle neck here.