Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Separation of IQ data

Hi,

Is it possible to separate the IQ data and get two columns: one for I and the other for Q?

Thanks.

Sure, use the IQ Oscilloscope or the IQ Pulse Inspector.

Is it also possible to write the IQ data separated by two columns in the file?

Thanks.

So far this is not possible but since the IQ data structure/table is quite straight forward you can easily extract it from the IQ data file.

Hi,

I'd like to record IQ samples of LTE channel bandwidth 20MHz and base sampling rates of 2048 (FFT size).
I attach the blocks diagram according to your recommendation in order to write separated IQ data in two columns in the file: one for I and the other for Q.
The file's format will be in two columns of integer numbers representing I and Q samples at baseband and base sampling rates. You can separate the columns by tabs or spaces; the integer numbers are 16-bit signed integers between -32768 and +32767. Alternatively, the two columns can represent double precision floating point numbers without any range restriction.
Please let me know if the diagram blocks are drawn correctly and how to output to a specific format.
I'm also attaching an example of the output I would like.
Thanks.
Uploaded files:
  • Blocks-Diagram-for-seperated-IQ-data.png
  • IQ-Data-for-example.png

The FileSource block should be what you are looking for since it can export a lot of different formats:

IQ data Export