Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

RF Direction Finding Post Processing with IsoLOG Direction Finding Block (needs key)

Attached mission loads an IQ record from disk to memory and then uses the IQ Direction Power Spectrum and the IsoLOG Direction Finding blocks to track the direction of any selected signal incl. full map functionality.

This demo uses a ultra fast chopper mode recording (12µs per sector) where we move a little CW beacon from right to left of the antenna incl. one full turn:

RF Direction Finding mission

The layout looks like the following. After you start "play" you can select the signal of interest with the cursor within the histogram:

RF Direction Finding Post Processing

You can download the demofile at http://downloads.aaronia.com/demo_data/12_microseconds_beacon.rtsa

Uploaded files:
najisamirnader has reacted to this post.
najisamirnader

Hello,

I've run 'ChpperMode...' mission using the given demo file without any change in configuration. and I consider "ISOLOG directional finding" block as you said you move signal one full turn around ISOLOG I expected to see the arrow turn 1 round. but I see the arrow move irregular left and right sometimes stop and sometime flutter. what is the problem?

and another question: what are the colored bins following main arrow on the screen? should I consider main arrows or colored bins?

regard,

Uploaded files:
  • timestamp1.PNG
  • timestamp2.PNG
GHz has reacted to this post.
GHz

Yes fully correct since the signal is not only moved 360 degrees but also right and left es mentioned. Its simply REALTIME (we are moving a battery powered signal generator by hand around the antenna. Dont get confused by the map).

You can adjust the colors etc. up to your needs.

najisamirnader has reacted to this post.
najisamirnader
Quote from AdminTC on 08/10/2022, 17:07

Yes fully correct since the signal is not only moved 360 degrees but also right and left es mentioned. Its simply REALTIME.

You can adjust the colors etc. up to your needs.

Dear Admin

Recently, I have seen this topic and I have a similar issue.
I executed the same mission with the saved file, but i got a result similar to user najisamirnader.
The problem is that the arrow indicating the signal direction does not move smoothly and is always unstable!

Where could the issue possibly stem from ?
Also, why is the direction so different from the target heat map?

Uploaded files:
  • image.png
  • video2.gif

You can smooth the DF with:

Main -> Energy Segment -> Time Compression

Or/and

Vizialization -> Filter Direction

GHz has reacted to this post.
GHz
Quote from AdminTC on 15/08/2023, 17:07

You can smooth the DF with:

Main -> Energy Segment -> Time Compression

Or/and

Vizialization -> Filter Direction

Well, I think by using "Time Compression", "Filter Direction" or both will not provide REALTIME DF. Is that correct?

Could you please upload a GIF of this mission's DF to this topic ?

BR

Its simply the reality e.g. caused by reflections. Smoothing it will only make it more stable if the signals is transmitting a "longer" time.

No need to change the mission simply adjust the settings as mentioned.

Anyway this block is outdated since we have new patent pending blocks ready that should work exactly as you want it:

Real time direction finding