Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

how to read marker data with script block

Hello

how may I read marker variables by code in Script block?

I mean the information which is shown near the marker and by default is white as shown in the attached picture

Uploaded files:
  • Capture2.PNG

That data apparently isn't exposed to the script engine yet as far as I can tell.

I've added this to our TODO list.

This feature is implemented within the latest build.

RFwatcher has reacted to this post.
RFwatcher

Could you please provide an example? I find it really hard to understand the dataflow in scripts.

I see the getMarkers in the documentation, but an example of usage would be highly appreciated.

Attached is an example that shows how to use the getMarkers function inside a Mission.

Uploaded files:
RFwatcher has reacted to this post.
RFwatcher

That's very helpful - thanks a lot.

Quote from fw_dev on 13/11/2023, 10:37

Attached is an example that shows how to use the getMarkers function inside a Mission.

Dear Aaronia Support Team

thanks for the mentioned mission

but I still have a problem with reading marker's function's value (for example: halfpower value)

Is it possible to read it?

if yes can you advice me a way? since when I use getMarkers() method, it is a dictionary that contained "Marker" which is a list of dictionaries for x and z (x is the frequency , z is the power) and there isn't any information about the function values there

The function value is not yet available via script API.

Thanks,

I have still a problem, If for any reason the "Spectrum" block become hidden or minimized, my script which use .getmarker() method, doesn't work so I think that the markers are inaccessible while "Spectrum" block is hidden. Can you suggest me a trick?

When the viewport of the Spectrum block isn't visible its contents aren't updated (this is a general performance optimization). That includes traces, and as a result also markers, as they were originally only accessible in the viewport. I've marked this issue for review, but it might take a while.

The easiest option for now is to just ensure that some part of the Spectrum viewport remains visible on screen, a single pixel would be sufficient. Alternatively if you really need the Spectrum block to be able to be closed/invisible, you could also just ignore the standard marker system and calculate them yourself from incoming samples, potentially using DSP processing blocks inside the script block (this is unfortunately not really documented).