Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Python / "Jupyter Notebook" & "HTTP API" - MWE client example

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Limited frequency range down to realtime bandwidth is understood and would be acceptable (at least for our targeted application).

Getting IQ data directly out of the V6 with a connected HTTP Server block is also understood, but not hitting directly my question.

To my understanding, IQ data always relates to time domain and only provides the information about the time frame when the IQ data were taken, but not providing any frequency information.

Therefore to get complex signal values for each single frequency point we always need to be in the frequency- or spectra domain.

Does the V6 (directly) or the IQ Power Spectum block (fed with an IQ data stream from V6 block) provide beside magnitude (dBm) spectra also phase (deg) spectra or any other kind of complex output data per frequency point in such a way that a listing of my previous post can be generated?

AFAIK that isn't possible at the moment. Datastreams are either raw IQ data or Spectra data without phase information. There are blocks that can provide phase information like the IQ Oscilloscope, but as far as I can tell don't support forwarding that via HTTP.

Are there any plans when the Aaronia FFT will provide beside magnitude values also phase values (or comparable complex values) either by the V6 or by the IQ Power Spectrum block? Since we do not need "live" spectra data, we can try as a work around to perform the FFT with a third party FFT during post processing providing complex output data.

We are very surprised about this drawback, because before we bought the V6 just a few weeks ago we had several correspondences with Aaronia, even also during the just recently Electronica exhibition at the Aaronia booth with several members of the Aaronia team. We explained the planned application in detail but no restrictions were indicated, except frequency range limitation to RBW.

It is even more surprising because nearly any standard FFT provides complex signal information, but not the highly sophisticated Aaronia FFT...
Pls. understand that this topic is a crucial point not only for us but possibly also for many members of the V6 community, as this point seems not to be pointed out anywhere else in the Aaronia documentation. Therefore it would be very helpful if you can find out with our Aaronia colleagues when this feature might be implemented.

PreviousPage 2 of 2