Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Multiple Spectrum combination failure

I have change the demo SweepStressTest code to multi spectrum test.

The following picture is my test result.

When I use any one of individual spectrum(800MHz-900MHz-100KHz(RBW), 1000MHz-1300MHz-1000KHz(RBW)), the spectrum works properly.

When I combine 2 spectrum settings as comb1 line in the table, it does NOT work. The API AARTSAAPI_GetPacket returns AARTSAAPI_EMPTY.

When I use 2 spectrum as comb2, it DOES work.

The attached files are my code.

How could I make multiple spectrum settings work in turn?

Uploaded files:

The problem seems to be related to the frequency spans that you're requesting which requires to switch between sweeping and non-sweeping modes. When using a span of >=300 MHz or <=80 MHz for both it's working here. I'll forward the issue to our developers to investigate.

Quote from mm_dev on 12/05/2022, 10:35

The problem seems to be related to the frequency spans that you're requesting which requires to switch between sweeping and non-sweeping modes. When using a span of >=300 MHz or <=80 MHz for both it's working here. I'll forward the issue to our developers to investigate.

but combine4 the 2 spans are both 100MHz, they could not work together.

Yes, I noticed that. While span seems to be the main factor there are apparently also other variables involved. This conclusion was just based on observation and a superficial glance at the logic involved, we have to wait for our developers to actually investigate this and determine the real cause.

EDIT: This issue is fixed in upcoming RTSA versions

Quote from mm_dev on 13/05/2022, 10:23

Yes, I noticed that. While span seems to be the main factor there are apparently also other variables involved. This conclusion was just based on observation and a superficial glance at the logic involved, we have to wait for our developers to actually investigate this and determine the real cause.

EDIT: This issue is fixed in upcoming RTSA versions

I am looking forward a new version.