Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

IsoLOG 3D DF Hardware Setup

Hello,

here I have a ISOLOG 3D antenna package that has an antenna with 5 connectors and these cables: an ethernet , a power cable, a trigger box and a RF cable

however there are 5 connectors at the antenna those are: DC in, Triger in, RF in, RF out and net

and trigger box itself has 3 ports : trigger out, power in and power out

I think I should connect power cable at the "power in" port of trigger box and connect "power out" to the DC in of antenna and also connect "trigger out" port to trigger in of antenna

also It is seems obvious that I should connect ethernet cable to NET of antenna and RF out should be connect to my spectrum analyzer

now I have these questions:

by the way, I want to know if I am doing right? If it is wrong, is it possible for you to draw a block diagram for connections for me please?

In this condition what is the usage of port "RF in"?

and how many cables should I have in my package I think I don't have 1 or 2 cables here

I think I should connect power cable at the "power in" port of trigger box and connect "power out" to the DC in of antenna and also connect "trigger out" port to trigger in of antenna

Yes: DC is looped through the Trigger Box into the Antenna, while the Box itself is connected to the antenna "trigger in".

also It is seems obvious that I should connect ethernet cable to NET of antenna and RF out should be connect to my spectrum analyzer

Clear.

In this condition what is the usage of port "RF in"?

"RF in" is not in use for your application.

and how many cables should I have in my package I think I don't have 1 or 2 cables here

What else are you expecting to be inside the package? RF cable can be provided additionally in the required length if you don't have one at hand.

najisamirnader has reacted to this post.
najisamirnader

I don't understand what's function of the Trigger In port on the IsoLOG 3D antenna?

me too, could you please draw a block diagram for connections for the Trigger Box and the IsoLOG 3D antenna?

Connect it to the antanna, add power to the box -done. Cant be simpler.

Yes, It's simple. But what is the trigger signal for the antenna?

Its needed for the optional chopper mode (super fast tracking option down to 8µs).

Sofon has reacted to this post.
Sofon