Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

IsoLOG 3D 3D DF Tracking incl. Real-Time Sweep (needs key)

Attached mission uses a IsoLOG 3D DF tracking antenna and two SPECTRAN V6.

One SPECTRAN V6 is sweeping the full spectrum with an update rate of 5ms (1THz/s). Within this large spectrum you can move a "slider" to select the signal of interest. This slider is connected to the second SPECTRAN V6 receiver and the IsoLOG 3D DF block.

With this setup you can select any signal of interst within the spectrum and track the direction incl. full map functionality. Have fun!

RF Direction Finding at its BEST

Uploaded files:
Sofon has reacted to this post.
Sofon

Hello!

I ran this mission and I my CPU stocked on 100% and my Rx is yellow (DSP overflow).

I want to know what is the minimum system requirement for using ISOLOG direction finding(imagine without second spectran)

Hard to say.

We use high performance 32 core or 64 core AMD Epyc PC's incl. high performance memory and graphic cards for all our DF systems.

If you want to setup up your own system, you need to try...

dear admin!

I'm now using a high performance system with a very good CPU, but when I'm changing FFT size in the "FFT detect" part of the "IQ direction power spectrum" block it stocks at 100% cpu load BTW when I see task manager cpu is just using 15 %(!) and note that I changed the performance tab of configuration of RTSA

I send the related picture

Uploaded files:
  • cpu100problem.PNG

CPU Saturation in the RTSA is not the same as CPU Load displayed in Taskmanager and other performance tools. It is just an indicator if ANY block in your mission is currently CPU-bound and therefore potentially causing a bottleneck in the processing chain. Most blocks operate on a fixed number of cores only, so it is normal that your actual CPU load (averaged across all cores) is much lower.

You can identify which block is the bottleneck by clicking on the CPU Saturation indicator (same goes for the DSP Load indicator). Maybe you can tune its parameters to be less CPU demanding (e.g. adjusting FFT size).

While the E5-2690 may have been a very good CPU 5 years ago, it is now close to 10 years old and falls significantly behind on both number of cores and per-core performance compared to current models.

Also note that the "DSP Threads" setting is just an upper limit, changing it won't improve load distribution magically.