Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to run the RTSA Suite PRO on an ultra low performance CPU/GPU system?

I know that my system is to slow BUT I would love get the RTSA Suite PRO with full 245MHz IQ rate working on it. The default mission brings my system to 100% CPU/DSP load and is unusable. Are there any tricks how to get it working on my PC?

The default mission is not optimized for ultra low power CPUs but with some tweaking you should get this mission to work even with your system and full 245MHz IQ rate:

• First of all change the GPU framrate from "60" to "15". This will help a lot to bring the needed power and energy consumption (heat) of your GPU down. You can change this in the RTSA Suite PRO title bar under Extras -> Configuration -> Environment -> Performance -> Display Frame Rate = 15
  • Next change the Histogram Display Block setup. Open the block settings, hover over the Settings hamburger menu and click the right mouse button. Now choose Reset to Defaults from the pull down menu. Now change Main -> Sampling from "0" to "-1" and delete the Outline Trace under Traces -> Outline.
  • Reduce the overall IQ samples in the IQ Power Spectrum Block. Go to Main -> FFT Skip Windows and rize the number (default =0).
  • Change the FFT size in the IQ Power Spectrum block: Open the block settings, hover over the Settings hamburger menu and click the right mouse button. Now choose Reset to Defaults from the pull down menu. Finally change the FTT size at Main -> FFT Size from "1024" to "512".

This should offer a huge performance boost but still a very usefull operation.

The complete adjusted mission is attached for download.

You might also want to check out this thread: https://v6-forum.aaronia.de/forum/topic/ultra-low-cpu-gpu-load-default-mission/

Uploaded files: