Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to configure the different I/Q capture bandwidth and sampling rate?

From sdk/Samples/ConfigTree you can see:" main/decimation"However during dll control

AARTSAAPI_ConfigRoot(&deviceId, &root);
AARTSAAPI_ConfigFind(&deviceId, &root, &config, L"main/decimation");You can't find the decimation rate. How to configure the decimation?

The decimation setting is useful if the the V6 is used in "raw" mode.

It provides a power of two downsampling  of IQ data based on the receiver clock.

Hi,

I would like to take out raw IQ data  at 122.88 MSPS. The available sample rates 92 MHz, 122 MHz, 184 MHz and 245 MHz in Spectran V6 -  RTSA-Suite PRO (Version: 2.1.1.10245, BuildDate: 2022.2.1).
Questions are,

1. What are the exact sampling rates? Are they rounded by any chance, if so kindly mention sample rates up to Hz accuracy. This will help me to resample the data to 122.88 MSPS.
  2.  Is it possible to add 122.88 MSPS sample rate in the RTSA-suite PRO?

Thanks

The actual clocks are 92.16 MHz, 122.88 MHz, 184.32 MHz and 245.76 MHz. The values are only rounded in the selection box.

abhijithbg has reacted to this post.
abhijithbg

Thanks mm_dev, this helps.

Basically, I don't have to rate convert the data for my application.

I am seeing another issue: I am seeing only IQ data rate of 92.16 is getting highlighted, Other higher sample rates are not highlighted. Is it because,  I have taken Spectran v6 with real time BW option of 80 MHz only?

Will sample rates of 122.88MSPS, 184.32 MSPS and 245.76 MSPS get enabled, if 120 MHz real time bandwidth is bought?

Do you have a table that mentions a supported IQ sample rate for the  BW options?

Yes without higher RTBW option you will be limited to 92MHz:

https://v6-forum.aaronia.de/forum/topic/spectran-v6-rtbws/