Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

File Reader Issue

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Can you test recording with the attached mission? Just select a filename in the FileWriter and the press Start in the Control Sequencer. Recording should stop automatically after 10 seconds. Then check if the resulting record shows the same problem (it will be too large to upload here) or correctly plays a 10s sweep.

I tested the mission that you sent and I do not see the issue with the playback.  I am attaching my mission that causes this issue for you to try.

Uploaded files:

I've noticed something interesting in that when I use the IQ Signal Generator into the File Writer, versus the Spectran, I do not get the issue.

Ok, and when using the Spectran with your recording mission, can you watch the timestamps displayed in the Waterfall when recording if there is any significant adjustments? As your mission works fine here, it appears the issue is related to your Spectran somehow.

EDIT: Might be an old firmware issue. Please contact us via mail to get a link to the current beta version of the RTSA that contains an updated firmware, or wait till next week when a new stable release should be available.

EDIT: Might be an old firmware issue. Please contact us via mail to get a link to the current beta version of the RTSA that contains an updated firmware, or wait till next week when a new stable release should be available.

The current RTSA that I am using was provided to me as a loaner (via local rep) until out (2) units get shipped.  When I attached the unit to the computer running the RTSA software, it did perform a rather larder updating of the firmware on the SpectranV6.

Ok, and when using the Spectran with your recording mission, can you watch the timestamps displayed in the Waterfall when recording if there is any significant adjustments? As your mission works fine here, it appears the issue is related to your Spectran somehow.

It is difficult for me to tell, meaning that it is not as obvious as when playing back the file.  However, maybe this screen helps provide some insite, this was captured shortly after I made a ~10s recording.  Interesting to see a DSP Overflow error right at the start.

Any more updates on this issue?

As said before, it must be somehow related to your Spectran device as we cannot reproduce the issue here. And the current assumption is that it is due to an issue in the firmware that was already fixed in version currently shipped in the most recent RTSA-Suite PRO.

Thank you.  I just updated to the latest software released today, Version: 2.2.0.10815 BuildDate: 2022.5.6, and it seems to fix the above issue WRT to file capturing (and playback, but not to RTSA).

HOWEVER, I am still getting the same issues in playback, both with the File Reader and the File Source blocks.  When using the File Reader, I get a Yellow on the Tx stating Input Underflows/Stream Source Data Rate Too Low/Input Processing Chain Too Slow.  When using the File Source, I again get the very fast playback issue (I think not reading the file correctly).

Any additional guidance?

Might be a corruptet record. Try to record with smaller bandwidth (write limitation of your PC/SSD).

Might be a corruptet record.

Tried multiple times, same result.

Try to record with smaller bandwidth (write limitation of your PC/SSD).

IQ Rate is @ 92MHz, Span is @ 1/256.

Ok Aaronia team, I just received my (OEM) units and unfortunately, they too show the same issue with the playback of a captured waveform.  I have exercised many tests in the attempt to determine the root cause, but can only guess that there is some oddity happening WRT my CPU and the RTSA SW.  Any additional guidance/help would be greatly appreciated as this is the primary mode of operation that we have planned for the system.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next