Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

File Reader Issue

Page 1 of 3Next

When using the File Reader to playback a previously captured *.rtsa file there seems to be a very long delay (~5sec) between the file end and re-start when operating in loop (or contiguous) mode.  HOWEVER, when I adjust the start/stop points of the playback using the top/bottom controls in the File Reader waterfall, the delay disappears.

Not seeing any delay here in a simple test. Can you provide us with the record and mission?

Run the mission as is, then slide the file start position down and run.

Uploaded files:

Here is the capture file ...

Uploaded files:

Ok, I see the delay, but it's not related to the restart. It appears around one second into the record, even on the first run or when using "once" playback mode. Of course moving the start position behind that position avoids that delay (changing only the end position has no effect). It appears to be a problem with that record, e.g. the scaling of the time axis in the waterfall preview is also inconsistent.

It seems to be an issue with the timestamps, looking at the stream the sample timestamps jump from 16:03:36 to 16:03:42 while the fractional seconds seem to be continuous. You didn't by chance adjust your clock?

No, I have made no changes to the computer clock.  Additionally, I have done this with multiple captures with the same issue; the capture that I sent you was made immediately before I posted to the forum (as my previous capture was too larger to post).

I also agree that for all of my captures the delay occurs not at the beginning, but rather 1 second into the playback.

Did anything happen during the recording? So far I can't duplicate the issue except when using your records, even when using the same measurement settings. Also do you remember how long exactly you recorded (the ~12s displayed by the FileReader, or the ~6s of actually available data)?

Going to forward this problem to our devs as there is certainly at least one bug somewhere, but we'll need as much info as possible so we can hopefully reproduce it.

Nothing happened during the recording that I could observe with confidence.  I recorded for ~5sec and made this recording immediately prior to attaching to the forum post.  All of my recordings are being done to the (OS) SSD (i.e. not the removeable SDXC).  I have been able to re-create this issue with every recording that I make, which suggests either computer or software.  If you do not see it on your side, then maybe we focus on my hardware first (down to the drivers level), then work our way into the RTSA SW.  Again, please note that this has been happening for every recording, and I suspect might be at the root of the issue as to why I cannot successfully get a file to playback/transmit.  The following info/pics will be specific to my hardware platform; please tell me what else I can provide/test to assist.

Device name DESKTOP-00OUKA1
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎4/‎6/‎2022
OS build 19044.1645
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Quote from CorNic East on 05/05/2022, 14:56

Nothing happened during the recording that I could observe with confidence.  I recorded for ~5sec

Ok, if you only recorded about 5s then it definitely sounds like the FileWriter (or the block generating the data) has for some reason modified the timestamps of the samples either before or after the gap (instead of discarding samples during that time if you would have recorded for ~12s).

For recording, I assume you simply attached the FileWriter block to the IQ ouput of the Spectran V6 block, selected a filename (no changes to any other FileWriter settings) and started recording when the Spectan V6 was already running. Is that correct?

Can you test recording with the attached mission? Just select a filename in the FileWriter and the press Start in the Control Sequencer. Recording should stop automatically after 10 seconds. Then check if the resulting record shows the same problem (it will be too large to upload here) or correctly plays a 10s sweep.

Uploaded files:
Sofon has reacted to this post.
Sofon

For recording, I assume you simply attached the FileWriter block to the IQ ouput of the Spectran V6 block, selected a filename (no changes to any other FileWriter settings) and started recording when the Spectan V6 was already running. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.  See the following mission screen capture:

Page 1 of 3Next