Forum
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

AARTSAAPI_GetPacket Packet Continuity? | Buffer size ?

Is there continuity of data (meaning I & Q from previous packet last element and I & Q of next packet first element) between AARTSAAPI_GetPacket calls?  In other words, are packets gap free?

Data should match the provided timestamps. If there is no gap between endTime[i] and startTime[i+1] then there also should be no gap between data[i][max] and data[i+1][0].

CorNicWest has reacted to this post.
CorNicWest

How deep is the packet buffer inside the Spectran V6 in the case that data is not consumed fast enough? For example, I have created a program that verified that there is no gap between endTime[i] and startTime[i+1] of adjacent packets... however I am fairly certain that I am not consuming packets fast enough to allow that to be the case forever. Is there a way to monitor the of size the internal buffer on the V6 (assuming that there is an internal packet buffer)? Is it safe to assume that if you are consuming the packets at the rate of receiver clock * 2 * span / #points in packet (ex: 92MHz * 2 b/c Nyquist? * 1 Full Span / 65536 points = ~2.808 kHz), then you will never have discontinuous packets? Thanks in advance for any insight.

There are several buffers besides the small buffer on the device itself.

First we have a USB DMA buffer of 16MB which will cover between 2 and 5 million IQ pairs.
Then we have the first level processing buffer, which usually covers 8 million IQ pairs.
Then some processing buffers in between of smaller size.
And finally an output buffer of 4K packets.

CorNicWest has reacted to this post.
CorNicWest